Saturday 21 April 2012

The meaning of "me time"

Hi everyone

While I was at the hairdressers today I was reading a magazine called Natural Health which was a title I hadn't seen before and proved to be very absorbing. Several articles caught my eye but a quote I noticed was the thing I wanted to share with you all. 'We haven't understood the full meaning of compassion until we learn to be compassionate to ourselves' (can't remember who said it or if I have quoted it correctly but the meaning is there!)

Often in consultations I ask people where they are on their list of all the things and people that they look after. People often reply that they are at the bottom or near the bottom of their list. This suggests that they are taking care of everything else but are not very good at looking after themselves. We perhaps feel it is selfish to take time for ourselves, but it is important for our health to nuture and show ourselves compassion, to put ourselves a little nearer the top of the list.

Hoping you all find some 'me time' this week.

Wishing you all a happy week


Bye for now
Brenda x

No comments:

Post a Comment