Friday 18 May 2012

A stitch in time saves nine!

Hi everyone

A stitch in time saves nine! The old saying which has been demonstrated to me very clearly this week. I had seen the hole developing in my cardigan and I thought to myself I will just pop a couple of stitches in there and it will be fine. This was several weeks ago by the way! Well, I didn't get my sewing box out and of course the hole just got larger and larger and now it's too big to mend with a couple of stitches, it needs a lot more than that and I don't think I am going to be able to fix it without it looking a mess.

The same happens with our bodies, we  become out of balance and we either don't realise because we have forgotten to listen to the messages our body sends or we ignore the message altogether. Of course things do sort themselves out but if we need to pay attention to what's going on then our body will send us bigger and bigger messages until we take notice and take action.

I could have fixed my cardigan without too much trouble when I first noticed the small hole and it would have been fine. Now I think it will have to be consigned to the 'old clothes' pile. Let's not make the same mistake with our bodies. Lets remember how to listen to what our bodies are telling us and respond with a 'stitch in time'.

Wishing you all a happy week



Bye for now
Brenda x

No comments:

Post a Comment