Saturday 25 August 2012

It's the August bank holiday already! Where does time go?

Hi everyone

It's the August bank holiday already! Where does time go?

Some time for me this past week has been spent in buying a new lock and door handle for my office and helping in fitting the same (my d.i.y team is very good, I try to assist!) There had been hints that all was not well with the door handle and the lock I have to say and then the handle fell off in my hand, necessitating a more immediate response.

At this point I should mention my door bell, it has an intermittent fault, sometimes it rings when a patient arrives, sometimes it delays and rings later, not good but the bell hasn't fallen off the wall! Unlike the door handle and lock, my bell works more often than not but it does need some attention.

Our bodies send us messages about our state of health, if we choose to ignore these messages, don't hear them or are unable to respond, then bigger messages will be needed, symptoms will become stronger, more frequent until we have to stop and take notice. I had to stop and get my door fixed, one day soon my bell is going to stop working altogether and then the need to sort it will be desparate. What I need to do is to get my d.i.y team to investigate for me and if I need a new bell I have the time to find one.

Health wise, what we need to do is listen to what our bodies are telling us and if needed seek advice and sort things out before the problem becomes more serious. Let's not leave things until they fall off in our hands!
 
Wishing you all a happy week


Bye for now
Brenda x

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes Brenda I agree 110%.

    You are the only person who knows your body like you do, you know your pain threshold, how you feel, how much you can take.

    Ignore others who tell you that nothing is wrong. Listen to your intuition and yourself.

    xClaire

    ReplyDelete